This is the starting point of your match official training education. The Laws of the Game Certificate is a mandatory FREE online self-paced course.
In order to undertake the Level 4 – Referee program, you must have completed the Laws of the Game Certificate.
This program is for match officials wanting to officiate in community junior and youth matches.
Participants undertake a full day classroom based theory session which includes a variety of practical exercises and discussion.
There is no formal assessment in this program, however to successfully qualify for the Level 4 – Referee accreditation participants are required to be mentored on a minimum of one match as referee and one match as an assistant referee.
On completing all aspects of the program, participants will be an officially qualified Level 4 – Referee. The qualification is valid for a period of up to 4 years.
Additional Course Information, requirements and prerequisites
- Participants must attain the minimum age of 13 years of age to undertake this course
- In order to attend this program participants must have successfully completed the prerequisite Online Laws of the Game Certificate program
- Participants must provide a printed copy of their online Laws of the Game Certificate as evidence of undertaking the Laws of the Game Certificate program
- Courses typically run on a weekend commencing at 9am to 4pm inclusive
- Course shall be limited to a maximum of 40 participants consisting ONLY of those who have registered online and been accepted.
- Participants are required to bring a copy of the Level 4 – Referee Workbook to the program (on registering for the program, the workbook is emailed)
- Participants are required to complete some pre-course work, additional information is provided after registering for the program
- If you are 18 years of age or older you will be required to undertake a Working with Children and obtain a BlueCard in order to officiate.
No Level 3 courses scheduled currently.
Match Officials holding a current Level 4 – Referee accreditation interested in undertaking the Level 3 – Referee program should contact the Football Gold Coast Referee Development Coordinator to express interest in the program.
Any Club wishing to host a Mini Roos Game Leader Course should contact Football Gold Coast directly.
Club must have access to meeting room to seat a minimum of 15 attendees – course attendance would be open to members of other Clubs also if vacancies exist.
There is no cost involved in this course and is open to anyone aged 10 and older. Coaches, managers and parents involved in MiniRoos games are encourage to attend.
Any enquires please contact Hayley on 07 5502 1555 or firstname.lastname@example.org